don't postpone joy

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Brand new year

2005 is complete. I declare it so.
I so get what NEW year celebration is about now.
Any feelings or business or whatever that resonates from 2005 is done.
No need to carry ANY part of the past with me; I just got that 2005 is my past.
Not only that, I am allowed to let everything go:
jobs I'm not satisfied with--I can quit trying to satisfy myself with them. Let one go, and work on the other.
I haven't talked to cute boy in 2006. I'm not quite to the point where I can say "oh well" , but I cannot make him want me, nor do I want to try and talk him into it.
I can make amends if I so choose...or not.
This is even a new year for me and my mom.
I don't have to continue to feel ashamed or bad for anything I have or have not done.
Talk about weight loss! This realization has just lifted such a weight off my shoulders.
If I'd considered this a week ago, I'd have realized the celebration for what it was, and not just for what it wasn't.
I hope I don't forget this~

2 Comments:

At 09 January, 2006 06:58, Blogger Jeff said...

New Year, New Beginnings.....

It's hard for most of us to let go of the past, but realizing the present is so much better.

I hope you achieve all your goals.

 
At 10 January, 2006 09:31, Blogger Unknown said...

nice post..great outlook..i need some of it to rub off on moi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home